BRAND/JENAMA: VINTAGE SEELAND MILITARYGENTS WRISTWATCH
MADE IN/BUATAN: SWISS
CRYSTAL/CERMIN: ACRYLIC SCRATCHES AT 5:00 / ACRYLIC SEDIKIT CALAR DI 5:00 BERSIH
MOVEMENT/ENJIN: SWISS 21 JEWELS AUTOMATIC BUMPER MOVEMENT
DIAL COLOR: WHITE CREAM/PUTIH KRIM
HANDS/JARUM: LUMINOUS BLUE DAPHNE & RED CENTER/ BIRU LUMINASI
MARKERS/TANDA WAKTU: ARABIC MILITARY/MILTARY ARABIC
CASING : CHROME & STAINLESS STEEL BACK/ KELULI & KROM
MEASUREMENT/UKURAN: 35mm DIAMETER WITH CROWN and 39mm LUG TO LUG
DITANDA/ENGARVED BACK CASING: INCABLOC, QUADRAMATIC, 22157
CROWN: SS/ KELULI
STRAP/TALI: NEW GENUINE BROWN LEATHER / KULIT ASLI WARNA COKLAT BARU
SIZE STRAP/SAIZ TALI: 8.5"
DISCONTINUED MILITARY MODEL & HARD TO FIND
PRICE/HARGA : USD185.00/ RM650.00
HISTORY OF INVICTA AND SEELAND WATCHES
INVICTA was trademarked as a watch, parts, boxes, and packaging brand name by Les Fils De R. Picard, of La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland, (founded in 1837) in 1896. By 1911 the name INVICTA was included in the companys' name. Invicta was still trading in the 1960's. The company also traded under the names Seeland Watch Co and Eno Watch Co.
Invicta was founded in 1837 as R. Picard. In 1896, "Invicta" and "Telescope" were registered for watches.
"Ads for both Invicta and Seeland in 1922 mentioned a Gold Medal won by the firm in 1914 at the Swiss Exhibition in Berne."
"FILS DE R. PICARD & CIE, INVICTA, was listed from 1920 to 1925. Another firm which they were associated with, SEELAND, was listed in 1920 for thin watches at the same address as INVICTA. SEELAND was listed in 1923 both as SEELAND ATELIER DE TERMINAGES and as SEELAND WATCH CO."
"In 1940, INVICTA was imported to the US by Morris Hoffman, Invicta-Seeland Inc., New York."
In 1967, SEELAND became ISECA SA, La Chaux de Fonds.
In 1970, INVICTA and Waltham were financially integrated.
In 1982, ISECA SA was withdrawn from the Register of Commerce by decision of the shareholders.
In 1986, INVICTA was listed as a brand of ONDIX SA.
SEELAND appears to have been founded by Frederic Seeland, the American manager of IWC, who left there in 1879. It registered "SWC" in 1896. In 1902, it became JUDITH & CO. and in 1913, back to SEELAND WATCH CO.
The history of co-habitation with INVICTA is as above, by in 1937 the company changed its name to INVICTA SA.